December 22, 2009

Chocolate in the Nation's Capital

As it may be apparent from previous postings, I love chocolate. During my flying career I was always searching for new and delicious chocolates all over the world. Now that I am no longer flying I have to search for my favorite chocolates at local shops.

Shortly after arriving in Washington my aunt brought me to Biagio Fine Chocolate, a small chocolate shop on 18th Street near Dupont Circle. I immediately loved this shop! They have an excellent selection of high quality chocolates from all over the globe. I was excited to see that they carry some of my favorite brands including Domori, Blanxart, Michel Cluizel,Vosges Haut Chocolat, and Weiss. In addition, I discovered some brands that were new to me – such as Pacari and Rogue Chocolatier – on their shelves.

This is the place I intend to go when I want to buy chocolate for gifts – or just to eat – now that I live in Washington!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I REALLY need a sample! Next time you're in chocolate heaven please send me a taste! Sounded wonderful. And the darker the better. Dark, dark, dark! I want to taste the earth and enjoy with heavy red wine. Yum!

Jessica said...

Hi Beth! Of course! Hope to see you sometime soon!