December 1, 2009

The Next Adventure

I am writing this blog entry on the airplane. My husband and I are flying from San Francisco International Airport to Washington Dulles Airport. After living in San Francisco for four years I am now moving. Sitting here on the airplane next to Jonathan I am reminded of all the good changes that have come into my life since moving to California. The last few years have been a wonderful whirlwind of experiences – and living in the bay area has been great. But, now it is time for a change.

Washington DC is an amazing city. I have had the opportunity to spend quite a bit of time there in the past and I look forward to now calling this city my home! For me this is an exciting time to be moving to our nation's capital – just over a year ago Barack Obama was elected to be the 44th President of the United States becoming the first minority to hold this office. The event of his election gave me a great deal of hope.

So, today Jonathan and I officially start calling Washington DC home! I am looking forward to exploring the city, rediscovering the museums, and sharing a new home city with my husband. While I have lived on the east coast before – in Boston and several other areas of New England – this will be Jonathan's first time calling an east coast city home. I look forward to shopping in Georgetown, having tea in Dupont Circle, walking along the National Mall, and having dinner in Adams Morgan. And I am excited to be sharing this experience with Jonathan!

No comments: