June 21, 2010

Memories of France in the US Capitol

Many years ago, I was the first officer on American Airlines flight 146 from Boston to Paris almost every week. I would then spend a day in the City of Lights and then fly American Airlines flight 147 back to Boston. While in Paris, I enjoyed walking around the city, sitting in Jardin des Tuileries on a sunny afternoon, shopping at Galleries Layfayette, and frequenting the city's many cafes. It was a privilege to be able to spend time in such a wonderful city!

I am currently planning a trip to return to the City of Lights – this time with Jonathan – later this year. But, until then, I must relay on visiting Washington DC's French restaurants to reminisce.

One of the French restaurants here that Jonathan and I like to visit is Bistrot du Coin. Located in the Dupont Circle neighborhood, this restaurant is a large cavernous space with big windows looking out on Connecticutt Avenue. A disco ball hangs from the center of the space and adds to the festive and boisterous atmosphere. The food – classic bistrot fare – is simple and delicious! Over the past few months Jonathan and I have here a few times and enjoyed each experience!

No comments: