September 25, 2010

Crepes in the District

Crepes are one of my favorite foods to eat for a light meal or snack. Whenever I travel finding a crepe shop or roadside stand always makes me happy. So, when a new creperie recently opened about a mile from our home I was excited!

Point Chaud Cafe and Crepes is a small and bright cafe on 14th Street between the U Street Corridor and Logan Circle. The extensive menu is posted on the wall behind the counter. They make both savory and sweet crepes – including my favorites egg, spinach, and cheese, nutella and berries, or chocolate and berries. All savory items can be made on whole wheat or white crepes. In addition to being healthier, the whole wheat crepes are delicious and have a rich, nutty flavor.

After entering the cafe, place your order at the counter, take your number, and find a table. To accompany your crepe you can order Illy coffee, tea and hot chocolate, sparkling and still water, and fruit smoothies. The cafe is bright and friendly; and on warm days there are a few tables on the sidewalk out front. (A perfect location to enjoy a crepe and watch the people stroll by.) Even on busy days the food arrives quite quickly, so it's a perfect place to come for a snack when you – or your companions – are very hungry!

All the crepes I have tried are very good. As I said early, the whole wheat crepes are very good. And the chocolate or nutella filled dessert crepes are fantastic! Point Chaud is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to go for lunch or an afternoon snack!

No comments: