January 25, 2011

Thoughts on Parisian Travel

I have already shared a bit about our Paris adventures, now I want to talk about the city itself.

Paris is an assault on the senses. It is an amazing city - it has rich history, beautiful architecture, and fabulous cuisine. It has grand boulevards and tiny alleys. It has crazy traffic and serene parks.

To truly experience Paris you have to experience it with all your senses - sight, hearing, taste, and smell. You need to continue beyond the classic tourist monuments and travel throughout the city. In Paris, I enjoy walking the streets, discovering hidden alleys, browsing in the small shops, eating at the small cafes, and marveling at the many historic buildings and landmarks. And I enjoy experiencing the city with all my senses.

No comments: