July 13, 2011

Across the Cafe Table - Beaches

This month The Travel Belles Across the Cafe Table question asks:

WHAT'S IN YOUR TRAVEL BEACH BAG AND YOU'RE IDEAL BEACH WOULD BE WHERE?

I am going to begin with the where of the question. Of the beaches I have had an opportunity to visit to date, my favorite beach is White Beach on the island of Boracay in the Philippines. (I know there many, many beaches in the world that I have yet to visit, hence the caviot in my previous sentence.) So, my answer to the where of this month’s question is White Beach. I recently wrote about my experience visiting the Philippines - and Boracay specifically - for The Travel Belles, so I will just summarize here. White Beach is my favorite beach because it has sparkling blue waters, soft white sands, and a very shallow slope so you can walk out into the water for a long distance before it becomes deep. (For more about White Beach read my article, Philippine Beach Memories.)

And what would I bring with me to the beach? My husband, of course. He is my favorite traveling companion. And herever I travel, whether to a metropolis or an island oasis, I bring my camera with me. It is impossible to plan or predict picture-perfect moments, so I always like to have my camera just in case...

Here’s to a beautiful day at the beach!

White Beach
Boracay, Philippines
Read blog posts from other Travel Belles about this month's Across the Cafe Table question.

7 comments:

Nicole said...

White Beach does sound (and look!) ideal! I love a gentle slope with sand underfoot too. And the color of that water! Yes, ideal. :)

Rambling Tart said...

Gorgeous sand!! That sounds like the perfect beach indeed. :-)

Cailin said...

Haha! I would also include my husband, though he tends to be more adventurous and I can sit on a beach and read for hours :)

Jessica said...

@ Nicole and @ Rambling Tart - Thanks! White Beach is beautiful...

@ Cailin - My husband is definitely more adventurous than me too! :-)

Nancy said...

Looks like a perfect spot!

Kathy from Food Lover's Odyssey said...

Beautiful beach choice and love your picks for what to bring :)

Margo said...

OMG, sometimes, I'm not so sure about bringing along the husband... He's not so great at sitting still (and I am). I would love to go to the Philippines some day - your descriptions always make it sound amazing.