January 8, 2012

At the Zoo...

The Smithsonian Institute has some wonderful museums and attractions in Washington, DC for visitors and locals alike to enjoy. Located in Rock Creek Park the National Zoo is part of the Smithsonian Institute. In addition to having many varied exhibits, it is also just a pleasant way to walk through the park. I had not been to the zoo since moving to Washington, DC two years ago and did not realize what I had been missing! This weekend my husband and I took advantage of the unseasonably warm weather and went for a walk through the zoo. Here are some photographs from our walk through the zoo.

My favorite animal at the Smithsonian National Zoo - the Red Pandas.
One year old lions relaxing on a Sunday afternoon... 

Leaving the National Zoo at sunset time...

1 comment:

Rambling Tart said...

Oh how fun!! I went to the zoo here in Australia a year ago. :-) It was so much fun!