January 25, 2012

Remembering Winter in Massachusetts...

It has been a very mild winter in Washington, DC this year and we have only seen a dusting or two of snow. So, I decided to post some winter photographs from when I lived in Boston, MA.

A back alley on Beacon Hill
The Longfellow Bridge spanning the Charles River between Boston and Cambridge
Now, while these images of piles of white snow are picturesque, I am by no means hoping for that amount of accumulation here in the District of Columbia! I'm okay with a mild winter this year (and next)...

2 comments:

Victoria (The District Chocoholic) said...

I miss the Longfellow Bridge so much, and that picture made me smile. It took me from campus to downtown so quickly and it showcases both cities beautifully while you cross it.

Jessica said...

@ Victoria - I used to live on the Boston side of the Bridge in Beacon Hill. I loved to walk to Cambridge over the bridge on nice days!