January 29, 2012

Returning to Coppi's

I remember going to to Coppi’s for pizza many years ago with my aunt and uncle on my first visit to Washington, DC. Cycling photographs and jerseys adorned the walls then as they do now. The atmosphere was warm and friendly - a great place to enjoy a meal with family or friends. And the pizza - cooked in a wood burning oven - was delicious.


Move forward an unmentionable number of years and now I live in Washington, DC. I am not sure why it took me a while to revisit Coppi’s Organic Restaurant, but I am glad I finally made it back...








After reading the menu, Jonathan and I decided to share a pizza. First we ordered two glasses of Nero d'Avola, I got a salad, and Jonathan got a appetizer portion of gnocchi alla Bolognese. My salad was fresh and good with greens, apples, and a light vinaigrette. But, the best part of the meal was the pizza! We ordered a pizza topped with shrimp, artichoke, ricotta, capers, parsley, and tomato sauce. The crust was perfect - thin and chewy. The toppings were fresh and complimented each other perfectly. Because the pizza was cooked in a wood burning oven, the shrimp had an excellent grilled flavor.




To end the meal, Jonathan ordered a latte and I finished my glass of wine. Coppi’s is still the comfy, local restaurant I remembered, a place to come and enjoy good food and wine with family or friends!

2 comments:

Rambling Tart said...

Oh yum! I love the toppings you chose for your pizza. Delish! It's so nice when a loved place is just as good as you remember it. :-)

Bethany Miller said...

I just can't find pizza like that around here. That looks wonderful! I swear, you visit the best restaurants. Every plate has its own story. You can order for me from now on!